Built by Shuttlewood in 1957, mahogany on oak. 25 feet on deck (plus lifting bowsprit), 8'3 beam and 3'9 draft (centreboard down), 4 berth, 10 hp Sabb diesel.
Originally she had no engine - just a sculling notch in the stern. A Saab diesel engine was fitted in 1965 and is still running in 2004.
She seems to have moved from the Essex area to Whitby in the early '80s where
she was owned by Steve Cook. She spent 14 years laid up in a yard upstream until
2001, when she was bought by Malcolm Smith for £1500, and a major restoration
was carried out. The centreboard was rebuilt, decks renewed (ply and glassfibre)
cockpit and cabin interior refurbished.
In 2004 she was sold and is now back in the Thames at Leigh-on-Sea
Rose was built in the shed at Paglesham at the same time as Dormouse in 1957, for a Mr Lazenby.